Tuesday, January 11, 2005

What a difference a day makes...

I'm free. The water's gone and my neighbor, Ralph, plowed some of the road so it wasn't too treacherous to leave "the ranch".

That said, I got to run a few errands today, including a trip to the post office. The Chinese New Year stamps are on sale and I thought it was interesting that they came in sheets of 24 -- not only so you can have 2 full sets of zodiac characters BUT you can pay $8.88 for it. In case you didn't know, the number 8 is considered lucky in Chinese culture. (Yes. Phone numbers with lots of 8's are a hot commodity.)

I just feel lucky that I had to buy 4 more stamps than I had planned on.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm....eights are lucky? That would explain why the liquor store near my house growing up had such a large Chinese clientelle - their phone number was 888-8888 (the store was called 7/8 Liquor). I'm glad you can get 24 stamps though - I hate when they sell the 18 stamp packs...that comes to $6.66. *chills* Speaking of completely unlucky things - I found a new movie for you called "Demon Child 666." You should also check out "Blessed" with Heather Graham (do you hate me yet?!)

    ReplyDelete