Monday, January 10, 2005

I guess I should learn how to drive the tractor

Day 2 Trapped Indoors
The rainy weather has made our road unpassable for normal cars. Yesterday, the wash turned into a roaring creek cutting off the road. (I should have taken a picture but by the time I walked the dog all the way downhill to the fork where you turn off to our house...well, I wasn't going back to get the camera. The walk back to the house knocks the wind out of me. Thank goodness the dog is more than willing to pull me uphill.) At some points, the water (I guess where it was hitting submerged debris) would curl into the air like a sea serpent.

Today, I walked back down to wait for the tire repair guy. (One of the reasons why Chris hasn't attemped to do anything about the road is that on Saturday he ran the tractor's tire off the rim so it's been pitifully sitting in our neighbor's field until today.) While I was down there I checked out the "river" again. The water was much lower. I guess if I had to I could drive out. Then again, who knows what it'll be like when I get back. That said, I've been stuck here with the cat and dog. (Chris stayed the night "in town" since the weather was so bad and we didn't know for sure if he'd make it to the house with all the water.)

On the bright side, the tractor's fixed and my neighbor was kind enough to drive it back up to our house. I guess, though, once the baby's delivered, I should learn to drive that thing. Yeah, I think that will be on the low end of my 2005 resolutions...Learn to drive the tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment