Thursday, January 27, 2005

Parker Update

I saw my OB-Gyn today. Parker seems to be still doing fine -- strong heartbeat and all. The only change was that instead of my usual admonishments about weight gain (Hey! It was the holidays!), my doctor looked at me curiously and asked if I was eating. (Me not eat...you've got be be joking.) I guess, instead of steadily gaining weight, I lost 2 pounds, bringing me to...dare I even put this in writing?!...178 lbs. (HOLY SMOKES!)

Wanna hear my theory about the weight...of course you do otherwise you would have stopped reading by now. So here are my thoughts...
- weight should be taken at the same period of the day. My usual appointments are in the morning but my last appointment was after lunch...and yes, I ate before the appointment.
- weight should be taken with similar type of clothing...or no clothing at all. I purposefully chose my shoes and clothing this time -- opting to leave the heavy jacket and shoes at home this time.
- weight should be taken after they ask for the urine sample, giving you a chance to evacuate all cavities.

I'm sure you didn't want to hear all of that but those are my thoughts on the subject of obtaining consistant weight readings.

Next doctor visit...February 7th. Next ultrasound, February 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment