Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sick as a Dog

So, I've been exploding-at-both-ends sick today. Chris blames the dinner I cooked last night (chicken and broccoli) becuase he feels his stomach is a bit queasy, too. My response (after puking), then it's a sign that you have to cook all my meals. Yeah, he didn't seem to be a big fan of that.

At first I thought if I got some food in my belly it would actually blow over. However, when the pancakes made an encore visit an hour later, I know that I was dealing with more than a case of an empty stomach or even morning sickness. That said, for the first time in my entire preganancy, I called my doctor.

At first we got the answering service, which pissed Chris off a bit becuase the lady answering the phone suggested to Chris that all pregnant women get nausious and that it's probably just morning sickness. Chris' response..."Are you a doctor or a nurse?" "Uh, no...but I've had three kids." Yeah, Chris wasn't buying that, especially since, in my 8 months of pregancy, I have yet to suffer from morning sickness.

Well, my doctor soon called us back. It sounds like a case of the stomach flu...maybe it was something I ate. (No! Not the chicken and broccoli!) That said, I was prescribed a liquid only diet for the rest of the morning and after noon and at lunch I can have a light dinner. No dairy. (But all the good stuff has milk in it. :o( )

So that was my day today. Hope yours went better.

1 comment:

  1. HEY, I was throwing up too! I had the worst Sunday night of my life and I'm not pregnant. Mine was flu-related I'm sure and I spent all of Monday drinking fluids and avoiding dairy!

    ReplyDelete