Thursday, February 17, 2005

Playing Too Close To The Shallow End

One month to D-day. Chris and I went to another ultrasound this morning. At 6lb 3oz, Parker’s doing well and, at that weight, instantly alleviates my fears of a birthing a gigantic baby. (By the way, we’re just starting our 36th week of pregnancy; so that means, if delivered, Parker would be considered a full term baby.)

However, that’s not the real news today. I guess the fluid surrounding Parker is low – between 6 & 7. (If it were to hit 5, they’d induce delivery.) With that news, the ultrasound doctor was a afraid I was leaking fluids. (Hey, my MG has that same problem.) That said, if I’m leaking fluids, that means my water may have, well, sort of broke. If that were the case, they would have to induce. (Oh geez! I don’t have the birth plan on me. We haven’t even gotten the crib mattress, yet! Oh, and the hospital bag of supplies is still at home. And Frankie’s still outside in the backyard…)

So, off to Labor and Delivery we went. My doctor wanted stress tests preformed on Parker and for the hospital to check for the presence of amniotic fluid. Five hours and one lunch later (It was enchilada day at the hospital!), we were told that everything’s fine. I’m not leaking and Parker’s just kicking back, relaxed.

Of course now with this new information, I’m scheduled for way more doctor’s visits – next week alone has 2 more stress tests to monitor Parker plus another ultrasound.

Odds are, we might see Parker before his St. Patty’s Day debut. Any suggestions on good delivery days between now and then?

4 comments:

  1. Just be glad that its not a leap year...so any day is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this is a result of all that jumping from a few months back.... :-)

    But on a serious note - I talked to Daniella who knows a girl who had the same problem. Two days after all the tests, she didn't feel right, so she went back in. Turned out all her fluid was gone and they did an emergency C-section. NOT that that will happen to you - but it's important that if you at all feel weird or off that you go in and get it checked.

    And you know, once you're at 37 weeks, he'll be considered full term...so they may just decide to induce you next week.

    As for a birthday, Daniella says Monday the 21st. I say March 1. There's no way we're making it anywhere near St. Paddy's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther says March 7.Me, I'm for 3-11-05. Hope all is well .Can't wait to meet Parker.Take care.You're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see everything will be a-ok...early, but wonderful. I'm partial to Gemini's, but if you can't even hit march, that's hopeless.

    Eric, there was a PIRATE MOVIE comment in your comment just begging to be let loose.

    Aimee, maybe one day when I tell a medical story, you can comment that something similar happened to your friend and scare the HELL OUT OF ME! :-) Then, of course, "but I'm sure YOU'RE fine."

    ReplyDelete