Friday, March 04, 2005

Parker Update

So many appointment this week and you've just been left in the dark. Sorry about that.

MONDAY: Non-stress Test #4. All's well. Parker still had a strong heartbeat and, as a little bonus (and I say that sarcastically) they check to see how dialated I was. I'm not going to even explain how that was done...let's just keep it at "uncomfortable". That said...Zip, Nada, Zero. I'm not dialated one bit. The nurse did point out that I was having contractions while I was there. Really, I didn't feel a thing. (No. Honest. I'm not being sarcastic. I have yet to feel any contractions, even those false ones that the books keep talking about.)

WEDNESDAY: My ob-gyn is back from vacation so I paid him a visit. Parker's hearbeat is still going strong and it speeds up when the doctor pushes on him. (Another good sign.) Measuring my stomach, my doctor uttered one of my fears..."Big Baby". Arggggg! I know! Even though my belly button hasn't become an outie, the skin in that area is so thin it feels like it's going to tear open (yes, like that scene from "Alien", trust me I can't get that out of my mind). Maybe an outie isn't so bad after all. (Did I just say that?!) I did ask my doctor about not feeling contractions and he assured me that when the time comes...oh, I'll feel them. I hope it's sooner than later. I have a 45 minute drive to the hospital to make and would appreciate as much lead time as possible.

THURSDAY: Non-stress Test #5. Parker's heart is still going strong. Afterwards, I visited my ultrasound doctor. The good news is that my amniotic fluid has increased -- to the 13/14 range now. So no more ultrasounds are needed unless I go past my delivery date. And Parker's weight you ask? I knew last week's 1 ounce weight gain was too small. This week he's at 7 POUNDS 13 OUNCES! Holy Smokes! Is anyone else worried about the size of this baby...especially when this estimate is +/- a pound. The ultrasound doctor suggested I walk more to encourage the baby to make it's way out. Hey, the LA Marathon's this weekend...isn't it? Hmmmm. I might just be that desperate.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine coming into the world while mommy runs the marathon. You could get a sitter to accompany you so that you can finish the run!

    ReplyDelete