Thursday, March 17, 2005

Parker & Silly


050311-NewSuit
Originally uploaded by Car2nGrl.
So all our books mention when introducing a new baby to pets, you should bring home a blanket that the baby's used and have the animals smell it in order to get used to the scent.

When Parker got home last Friday, Frankie was at a neighbor's house so all we had to contend with was Silly, our cat. However, rather than just allowing her to smell Parker's shirt, Chris decided that Silly needed to try it on. **sigh**

As you can probably guessed, Silly wasn't a big fan of her new clothes, especially since the shirt had the flip over sleeves that covers a baby's hands so they don't scratch themselves. She looked like she was in a kitty straight jacket. Granted, it was hard to keep a straight face watching her as she shook her paws (as if kitty litter was stuck in them) with each step. But I felt her humiliation, nonetheless.

That said, Silly has remained cautious around Parker. And maybe that's a good thing. As of yet, she hasn't hopped into his crib and covered it with cat hair.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me there is a video!! :-) I would hate for you to have to dress her up again just so I can see it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty silly, but I love it.

    Oh, and let me just say... there's nothing funnier than a cat wearing socks. Trust me.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete