Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day

Acton 4th of July Parade 2006
Well, this year we decided to take advantage of our local 4th of July Parade. Chris and I gathered Parker and Frankie and we headed over to Acton's main drag to check out the festivities.

Royal Court Lil' Miss Desert Storm
Of course my shot is late but here's a pic of the Acton Royal Court. Thommy & Geoffrey's neighbor was one of the princesses -- I think she was near the front of the float. It's weird. Where were a lot of "Royal Courts" in the parade from other towns. Not sure if that's because they don't have a parade of their own or if they make the rounds, hitting all the local parades. This latter picture is one of those roving courts. Not sure where they're from but they were dressed in camouflage. Maybe it's Little Miss Desert Storm.

Ahoy Acton! Vrrroooom!
Here are my two favorite parts of the parade. My favorite float -- not sure how it related to the theme ("Peace and Paradise") but it's funny -- and the Shriners in their tiny vehicles -- also funny, I think it's that special combination big/old guy, little car, and, of course, fez.

We returned home around noon and all of us took a well deserved nap. And fireworks? Sorry, we skipped out on the show because it's past Parker's bedtime; plus, I had to work on the 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment