Thursday, July 07, 2005

Rachael's Fine

For those of you who know her, I thought I'd share this note that I received from Rachael...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm fine.

For those who don't know I now work in central London at Nickelodeon a few streets away from 2 of the explosion sites. Luckily all of our company has been accounted for and everyone is fine. The police have given us the okay now to leave the building if absolutely necessary - a nice reassurance that I will be allowed to go home at some point.

I was walking from my train station to the underground when we heard that it was closed. With no more information, I met up with a colleague and walked the rest of the way to work. It was only as we got to work and were immediately checked in and told that we were now quarantined inside that we were made aware of what happened and began to watch the tv.

Just as those who've been through similar events experienced, the city is eerily quiet with very little traffic or people on the road and the sirens are blaring. However life goes on and despite the underground and buses still not running, the major train stations have started to open again though with delays of course. Everyone has rallied together and the spirit is high in a 'we'll get through this' sort of sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment