Saturday, July 16, 2005

I've got mine...what about you?


Yes...I've purchased the latest Harry Potter book and it arrived today in the mail. However, I'm not going to start reading it until I've finished "Kite Runner", the book that I'm currently reading for my book club. *GASP* I know. I'm sure my former HP collegues are turning their backs on me in shame; however, my book club is meeting next week and I'm not even close to finishing the book so I need to demonstrate restraint and focus on the book at hand.

3 comments:

  1. I picked up a copy this morning at Target. Not sure I even want to read it but I liked 5 so one can hope. Still haven't read all of 4. I liked 3 and 5 not 2 and 4 so the outlook for 6 is iffy. Kind of like the fact that only the even numbered Star Trek movies are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Former HP pals cannot shame you, as none of us have the book yet and it's Monday. I'm actually not looking forward to reading it. I hated 5...

    "Kite Runner" is good - but depressing in my opinion. Moira told me to read it because it was "so good." It made me feel terrible. Not my style, not my style at all...

    Robbie Williams "Feel." Now that, I can read...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Feel but I have not finished it yet. It's in the stack along with the new Harry and the rerelease of Lauren Bacall's autobiography. Each started and only one near completion (Williams' Feel).

    ReplyDelete