Thursday, May 22, 2008

Racin'

Racin'Racin'Racin'Racin'
As we waited for Thommy, Geof, and Jan to arrive for dinner, Parker and I took a walk around downtown Montrose and came across the quarter ride-ons. Last time I had an excuse to avoid them but this time...seeing that we were killing time anyways...well, we indulged.

First, Parker hopped into the race car. I could see the scenes from Cars replay in his head.

    ''Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast.''

    ''No tires! Just gas!''

    ''Serpentine! Serpentine!"

Racin'After three rides in the car (each of which, I should mention, ended with ''Again!''), we took a turn on the nearby horse. I guess after tooling around in the race car, the horse was nothing. No steering...just hold on for dear life as the two bobbed up and down, up and down.

Ride 'em, Cowboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment