Saturday, March 08, 2008

First Looks

Well, we did our first round of car shopping today. Talk about tiring. We only hit two dealerships -- Honda & Nissan -- and we were spent. (Having to wrangle Parker didn't help. Not to mention, we also need to get goods for his birthday tomorrow.)

Here are the two cars we checked out...


2008 Honda CR-V
EX-L w/Navigation System Front-wheel Drive

2008 Nissan Rogue
SL 4dr Front-wheel Drive
Overview
MSRP * $27,200
$20,790
Invoice * $25,285
$19,386
Engine 2.4L I-4 166 HP
2.5L I-4 170 HP
Transmission 5-spd auto w/OD
Xtronic 2-spd CVT w/OD
Fuel Economy City 20.0 mpg
22.0 mpg
Fuel Economy Highway 27.0 mpg
27.0 mpg
Bumper to Bumper Warranty (months/miles) 36/36,000
36/36,000

Of the two, so far, we're favoring the CR-V. It was a lot nicer than the Rogue. Plus, the Honda dealer didn't do the hard press sell that we got at Nissan.

If we have time tomorrow, we're going to try to head over to the Toyota dealership in Valencia (because there's not one in the AV...go figure) to check out the Rav4.

There's still time to weigh in if you have any other car suggestions for me. Here's my criteria:

NEEDS:
  • Automatic Transmission
  • Cruise Control
WANTS:
  • Good gas mileage
  • Seats at least 4 adults and a dog
  • Deep tint windows (no more vinyl clings to shade Parker
  • DVD Player (Lil' P has his needs.)
  • Light on the outside, dark on the inside (essential to hide dirt)
  • Roof rack (for snowboards)
  • iPod hook up
  • Phone bluetooth (got to be hands free in July)
WOULD BE NICE:
  • 4WD/AWD
  • Concealed storage
DON'T WANT
  • Sunroof

2 comments:

  1. My sister has a Honda Pilot- she loves it and has never complained about gas mieage (she drives long distances daily). Also, my neighbor is always saying that the Honda Pilot is her dream car- I don't know, I might choose something a little snazzier for a dream car, but she seems to like it.
    I personally have been extremely happy with my Jeep Grand Cherokee but it is a bit of a gas guzzler.

    I'm no help, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ford Escape - they make a hybrid version that gets 34 city/30 highway....and kermit is the spokesperson. Ford website says the MSRP starts at $26,505. From other websites, people rate it pretty high.

    ReplyDelete