Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Entenmann's to the Extreme

Lately, I've been craving baked goods. Case in point, not only did I recently bake (low fat but still delivious) brownies AND cupcakes but I bought an angel food cake and donuts from the grocery store.

I'm a pig...I know. But in my gluttony I did notice something of interest. Not sure if any of you have notice this but Entenmann's makes a donut 4-pack called "Grab 'Ems". Actually, Entenmann's calls it their "extra tasty donut 4-pack." I guess it's so amazing they had to package these goodies under a special label -- "Entenmann's EXTREME". To further emphasize how cutting edge these donuts are they placed on the packaging a photo of a skateboarder who's catching air on his Entenmann's skateboard. Wow! That's EXTREME! But have no fear, while this kid may represent Entenmann's EXTREME, he's still responsible enough to wear a helmet.

Oh. Did I mention that these EXTREME donuts were glazed Old Fashion's. Well, actually that was also renamed to "Glazed Buttermilk". Ah...they think of everything.

By the way, in case you were thinking of using the name "Grab 'Ems"...don't. Entenmann's has trademarked the phrase. (Those crafty devils!)

3 comments:

  1. I want to be EXTREME! And, for all you naysayers out there, I can attest to the fact that Cat's low-fat, homemade brownies are awesome. There is no reason for regular fat because they tasted the same.

    No, they were EXTREME! I want to GRAB 'EM! all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love buttermilk donuts...glazed or otherwise. I don't buy them on purpose becuase I wouldn't be able to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fair, hogging all the goodies like that. Hey - if I buy an Entemann's skateboard, wear a helmet, and skate off your roof, all while posing oh-so-cooly, would you let me try one of your EXTREME donuts?

    ReplyDelete