Thursday, October 23, 2008

Piper: Week 26

081023_PiperUltrasound01081023_PiperUltrasound03081023_PiperUltrasound02So I guess I left some of you hanging there regarding the amnio results.

Sorry about that.

A couple of weeks after the prelim, we got the full results and everything is fine. While it's not guarantee that there will not be any problems, it is a pretty good sign.

We saw the ultrasound doctor today and Piper seems to be doing fine. She's 2lb, 6oz and healthy. Her kidneys still look a bit inflamed but, especially with the recent amnio test, the doctor feels this should clear up as soon as she's born and her body has a chance to function on it's own.

According to my baby development emails, her ears are more developed so she can hear conversations that I'm having with people. (So mind the P's and Q's!)

The email also says she's a pound and two thirds, so she appears to be a bigger than average girl at this point, which may explain why I feel like I'm hitting the ''fat'' clothes faster in this pregnancy. I mean, there are prego clothes and then there are the pants. You know the ones I'm talking about -- with the big window of elastic in the front. I don't think I had to resort to that fashion embarrassment until the last month or two of my pregnancy with Parker. But with Piper, my waistbands have been feeling a bit restrictive and, for comfort's sake, I'm going to have to soon face the humiliation.

I also realized today that my wedding ring is feeling tight so I've taken that off before it's too late.

Of course, if I turn purple, then I guess we can blame it on some candy that I've eaten, rather than the pregnancy. And you can start calling me Violet Beauregard.

No comments:

Post a Comment