Friday, June 16, 2006

Bush Apologizes

Oops!
When we first saw this on the Daily Show, Chris and I couldn't tell for sure if it was for real or a joke -- Bush commenting about a reporter's sunglasses -- "You gonna ask your question with shades on?" -- unaware that the reporter's legally blind. But, I guess it's true.

Why am I not surprised.

Here's a copy of the transcript...

THE PRESIDENT: Yes, Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?

REPORTER: I can take them off.

THE PRESIDENT: I’m interested in the shade look, seriously.

REPORTER: All right, I’ll keep it, then.

THE PRESIDENT: For the viewers, there’s no sun. (Laughter.)

REPORTER: I guess it depends on your perspective. (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT: Touche. (Laughter.)

REPORTER: Following up on the other Peter’s question about Karl Rove…

1 comment:

  1. GWB had had trouble with the vision-impaired before: remember when he waved at Stevie Wonder?

    ReplyDelete