Thursday, September 08, 2005

Holy Roller!



I can't help but feel like one of those people who videotapes a friend doing something...like parasailing...but doesn't realize until they actually view the tape weeks later that they have evidence of something extraordinary...say, Bigfoot. I took this video a couple of days ago mainly because I wanted to capture all the great moves that Parker's now doing -- rolls, backbends, headstands, etc. But about a third of the way though, I swear I hear him say "mama" as he reaches for the camera. Am I crazy? You make the call.

That said, my little man will be six months tomorrow. We visited the doctor today so here are his new stats:
- WEIGHT: 16.5 pounds (that's about average)
- HEIGHT: 27 inches (that's a little above average)
- HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE: 46 centimeters, I think (WAY ABOVE average)

Parker's head is still HUGE. But because the results of the ultrasound (taken a couple of months ago) were normal, the doctor's not worried.

For those of you interested in what Parker's eating, we've tackled rice cereal, oatmeal, peas, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Next up...I can't decide between yogurt or bananas. I think I might continue to steer clear of fruit just to make sure he embraces less sweet foods; but I did get a couple of jars of bananas, just in case.

3 comments:

  1. There are no words to describe how cute this video is. I heard the Mama to so it look's like it should be any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geoffrey and I are on board with him saying it. Though, to be honest, I think I may have actually heard, "Thommy."

    I could be wrong. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always laugh when you make comments about how big Parker's head is because Annabelle was the same way...head 75th percentile, the rest of her 25th percentile. We used to call her lollipop! She's evened out now but every now and then I swear her head is getting bigger (just like her dad).

    ReplyDelete