Thursday, June 02, 2005

Oh where, oh where...


Oh where, oh where...
Originally uploaded by Car2nGrl.
I let Frankie out for his usual play time with Kitty, our neighbor's dog. However, when I check up on them later, I see Kitty snoozing on our porch but Frankie's nowhere to be found. I called for him over and over again but not answer.

So I packed up the baby and we started walking around the house, calling Frankie's name. I expected to see Frankie's head pop up in the distance and then him bounding back home. But no answer. Now as many of you know, we're surrounded by large lots of open land that's also home to rattlesnakes, coyotes, and bobcats so I started to get worried. As the hours passed, all I could think of was an injured Frankie curled beneath a shrub, waiting for me to come save him. It was absolutely heartwrenching.

Evenutally, after hours of searching with a screaming baby, I had to give up. As I sat at home, thinking of a world without Frankie, I did the only thing left to do...I finished the pint of Haggen Daz in the freezer.

I guess it's a good thing that I did that because soon afterward I got a call. Frankie was safe and sound at another neighbor's house. Thank God!

It looks like Frankie's going to be living a more restricted lifestyle for a while. (Send your file-laden cakes to Kitty's

attention because the warden's one tough cookie.)

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to point out that I brought over that delicious ice cream that Cat tore through so ravenously. :-)

    I'm glad Frankie is safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad Frankie didn't completely succumb to his wild ancestry and found his way to a neighbor's house!

    Perhaps he'll think twice before he forces mom to eat all the ice cream in the house!

    ReplyDelete