Thursday, December 16, 2004

Week 27

It's week 27 now in Parker's development. According to my baby info emails, here's what's happening with him so far... "Your baby's growing steadily as he prepares for his grand entrance. This week he weighs almost 2 pounds and measures about 14.4 inches from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet. He's acting more like a newborn now, opening and closing his eyes, sleeping and waking at regular intervals, and maybe sucking a finger. He may also be hiccupping, which you'll notice as little rhythmic sensations in your belly. You may start to get leg cramps, especially when you're lying in bed at night."

May start? I've been suffering from nighttime leg cramps (often occuring more than once in a night) for weeks now. And if that wasn't bad enough, I've got one of those prego pillows that wrap around your body to give you more support. But when I'm roused out of bed half asleep from a leg cramp, the pillow becomes this anaconda-like creature that's now wrapped around my body hampering me from escaping the bed. I'm sure it's hilarous to watch. If Chris wasn't half asleep himself, I'm sure I would be able to hear him laugh (and laugh and laugh). Instead, I get the simpathetic, half-awake, "Are you okay?" To which I can only respond...now that I'm finally out of the bed and hobbling around, "Yeah." For someone who normally sleeps like a log, this getting up in the middle of the night is a wierd thing. I can't wait for this to subside...someday.

2 comments:

  1. You know, those emails would be much more helpful if they told you what to do for the leg cramps, but no - they just say "ha ha - take THAT preggers!" Sorry Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this'll help?

    http://health.yahoo.com/health/centers/pregnancy/225

    ReplyDelete