Monday, December 13, 2004

First Post


footprint
Originally uploaded by Car2nGrl.
Well, I've been meaning to do this for a while and as I sit here with little Parker kicking me in the gut I figure it's about time to just do it. So here's my first entry. The point of this site is to...eventually, record what's going on with our family for those who can't be near us...especially with the expected arrival of little Parker in March.

I'm not going to spend much time introducing myself or Chris because if you don't already know us I don't see any reason why you should be reading this. (Anyway, how exciting are stories about people's kids. Really, they only amuse other family members, specifically the grandparents.)

So, here's the Parker update. Not only am I (and now Chris) feeling him kicking...we can actually SEE him kicking. While wrapping Christmas gifts at the dining room table I looked down and saw my stomach move. I then lifted up my shirt just to confirm that...yes, my flesh was moving. That lead to a call to Chris, informing him there would be not TV tonight. Instead, we would be watching my stomach. I must say, it's a mixed bag of feelings -- exciting, on one hand, because the baby is seemingly active and healthy, while at the same time disturbing in an "Alien" sort of way. (Yes, I'm thinking of that scene where that crab-like creature explodes from the guy's body and goes scurrying across the floor.)

BTW, no this is not my stomach.

2 comments:

  1. Rumor from Robin is that her mom looked like thzt picture when she was preggers with Robin's younger sister - toward the end you could see all the definitiion. So it's entirely possible that this picture is indeed legit, and possible that Cat, with her big baby, may look like this soon!

    ReplyDelete