Saturday, August 15, 2009

M.I.A.

M.I.A.
M.I.A.,
originally uploaded by Car2nGrl.
It's with utmost sadness that I must report Dean's disappearance.

I guess -- since the first day we finally gave in and allowed him to go outside -- I always knew this day would come. I guess I hoped Frankie would be around to protect him.

We left in the morning but when we returned in the evening Dean -- who always returns home at night (hello...dinner!) -- was not there. We hoped he would show up sometime in the night and scratch on the glass like he always did. But, what was once considered a grating sound, never materialized...no matter how hard we listened for it.

One could assume that Dean met his end that weekend; however, since his remains were never found, I like to think that maybe he's enjoying the kindness of another family. Someday, we just may hear that grating sound of claws on glass once again. And when we do, I'll gladly open that door for my long lost boy.

Hello!Best FriendsGreen Thumbs & Orange TailDogs & Cats Living in PeaceSilly Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment