Sunday, August 30, 2009

Not Again

Not Again
Not Again
Yes, it seems to be a sad annual ritual. Another wildfire. This time resulting in evacuation...our second since moving into hour house.

An enhancement since the Crown Fire evacuation...at about 4am this morning we got an automated call warning us of the impending danger and the need to prepare for evacuation. I guess this happens for anyone with a landline. (So my friends, any of you who have ditched the landline and rely solely on your cell service...you need to look into registering your cell phone so you will be included in any emergency announcements delivered via phone.)

Not sure if this is a bright side...but that Station fire actually started a few days ago and I had been preparing for this moment. I've been driving around with some stuff in the back of my and Chris' cars. Plus, I've had a bunch of other stuff stacked by the front door. Within an hour or so of the call, our cars were packed. Me and the kids were off to Thommy & Geoffrey's house while Chris and Frankie stayed behind to tend to any loose ends -- clearing any debris near the house that he never got to, moving equipment, etc.

Not Again
Of course, all the while I'm fretting about Chris and Frankie's safety until I see this post on face book -- ''Frankie enjoys a steak and Stella on a smokey afternoon.'' Yeah, this fire is much different from the Crown Fire where I left the house with flames licking over the nearby hill tops.

Makeshift Bath
So, knowing that Chris and Frankie were safe, it made it much easier for me to create a normal experience for the kids -- which means bathtime! But where? Yup, the bar sink makes a perfect bath for Piper. Talk about a multi-tasker.

No comments:

Post a Comment