Saturday, January 10, 2009

Have You Seen Frankie?

Snow Day #2I couldn't sleep all night. Aside from the prego issues causing hip pain and not to mention having to wake up ever couple hours to pee -- Frankie ran off yesterday morning and didn't return. Several times I went into the super cold wind and called for him -- walking around the area checking ravines and driving out to some of the more farther out neighbors (including Frankie's mom's house)...no luck. When Chris got home that night, he did the same...no luck.

All I could think of was him curled up under a juniper injured, surrounded by coyotes. Or his broken body under a debris pile at the bottom of a ravine with coyotes closing in.

My only hope is that we hadn't had a call returned from the neighbor where we got him (his mom's house).

Well, this morning, as I started to make a lost dog flyer, Chris say that he got a message from our neighbor. Frankie arrived at their house around midnight last night -- safe and sound -- and they would be bringing him down this morning.

Now what was he doing all day? I have no idea. I'm just glad to have him back.

Of course Frankie, you thought I was paranoid before with using the leash at the mailbox...you have no idea how obsessive I can become. Don't you ever put me through that again!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. I just read this. :-( Thommy and I are relieved to know you got him back.

    ReplyDelete