Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Homeowner

I've had this note hanging on my fridge for years now.

To Homeowner,
Thank you for the use of your bathroom and your patio. You have a very nice house. I hope we did not inconvenience you.
Thank you for letting us protect your property.
Capt. George Trejo
Los Angeles Fire Dept.
Strike Team 1001

Yes, that's a thank you note from the firemen who protected our house when during the Crown Valley Fire in 2004. Go figure. (I would have thought it should be the other way around.) I guess they had to break in to use the restroom -- I can't figure out how they did it, though, because noting was actually broken. And I guess they hung out it the backyard -- benefits of being one of the few houses in the neighborhood with a pool.

Anyway, it's a very sweet and funny souvenir from the Crown Valley Fire...if there could be one.

On a related note, I just Googled Capt. Trejo and see that he just retired in August of this year. We wish you all the best Capt. Trejo and thank YOU for protecting our property.

No comments:

Post a Comment