Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Silver Lining in a Billowing Cloud of Smoke

Several fires hit the region. Luckily, our house is not in the midst of the action. Plus, we're upwind so air quality is pretty good.

The one good thing...at least for the Trillos...when it comes to fire season is that it forces us to examine everything around us and decide what's important. What would you take if you had to evacuate your home? Here's the criteria (based on my experience when I had to evacuate in, I think it was, 2004):

  • You have 15 minutes
  • Only one person is available to load the car
  • It has to all fit in one (smallest) car
  • Don't forget to leave room for passengers (including pets)
For us, as with most of you, it's pictures (especially the ones that haven't been digitally backed up -- which being the older ones are probably even more special -- I definitely need to make that a priority To Do for 2009) and computers.

We've actually had these items stacked by our front door throughout the weekend. But now, they're now in the back of my car just in case a fire broke out while we were at work. I'm sure Frankie and Dean would be saved but can I expect a fireman to save my wedding photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment