Friday, September 12, 2008

Solvang

Little bit of DenmarkBig FeetMomma's Little VikingSolvang
SolvangWe decided to take a long weekend and head up north to Morro Bay. But before that, we HAD to stop in Solvang.

When I was a kid, my mom took my sister and me there and I remember it being kitchy and fun. A little bit of Denmark. No passport required!

That said, we had lunch under a windmill. I had a Danish meatball sandwich and came to the conclusion that the Danes aren't know for their food for a reason. On second thought, I guess we should have hit a smorgasbord...but that would mean a buffet and Chris HATES buffets.

I bought Parker a Viking helmet. Plus, we had to get a tub of Danish butter cookies.

I really wanted to reproduce a picture my sister and I took with a statue of a Viking who was chilling on a bench. But, after asking around, I discovered that when the town got a facelift a while ago they removed the statue since it was kind of falling apart and they didn't want to fix it. BUMMER!

Oh well, we did find a big clog for Parker to sit in...I guess that will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment