Saturday, July 19, 2008

What's in a name?

Published 9/6/2008

So, as I mentioned earlier, we have a girl's name left over from our first go around at this...''Piper''.

Did I mention how we came up with ''Parker'' and ''Piper''? You know that games...what's your drag name or what's your stripper name? Then you take the name of your first pet and the street you grew up on. Well, that's it. Chris grew up on Parker Street and I grew up on Piper Place. (Actually, the first place I lived at was Houser but I'm not naming my kid Houser...so I went with my second home.) I like to think of it as passing on a bit of one's childhood. Chris likes to stick to the originally stripper name origins.

Okay, so we have a girl's name but we now need a new boy's name. Surprisingly, we decided on a name pretty quickly. (Really, there was more drama naming the dog.) Parker's middle name -- Jonathan -- is based on my dad's name. So, this little one should have James for his middle name, after Chris' father. As for the first name...we settled on Jacob. He can always use the nickname Jake if he wants something less biblical and serious. And anyways...are all Jakes hot? :o)

So there you have it -- Jacob James Trillo.

No comments:

Post a Comment