Saturday, July 26, 2008

Book2Movie Club

This month the feature was Journey to the Center of the Earth, which we were able to catch in 3D over at Universal Citiwalk.

I though Parker would be able to sit through it but the man-eating Venus flytraps were just too much for the little guy so we had to leave the theater. But about 15 minutes later he was brave enough to venture back into the theater so we could finish the rest of the movie.

So I have to admit...I didn't make it through the original novel. There's definitely a different sense of timing. It takes them about a third of the book just to get to the volcano where they journey into the center of the earth. I couldn't help but get a bit impatient.

I did catch the 1959 movie with the boys (Chris, Parker, Thommy, and Geoffrey). It had Pat Boone so you know it would be a ''classic''. Plus, with that cast you know there would be a couple of songs to be sung by the crooner. The best part was either the rear projection ''giant lizards'' (which scared Parker) or the dolls that represented our heroes as they escaped. Then again, it could have been Pat Boone's Scottish accent. Like I said...''classic!''

No comments:

Post a Comment