Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snow Day

Snow DaySnow DaySnow FetchWho's a happy dog?!

So we got more snow today. Actually it came last night, which, after a day of full on rain, made for an interesting trip home. I couldn't get the car up to the house -- couldn't make it up the driveway and couldn't make it up the "backway" either. Too steep, too muddy, and I was afraid I'd destroy the engine trying to power it up (wheels spinning and skidding) the hill. So I had to ditch the car at the bottom of the hill and hike up with Parker in my arms and my computer on my back in the snow and through the slushy mud. Fun. The last time I had to tromp up the hill, though, it was raining which causes the freaky frogs (yes, frogs!) to come out. So I guess it was a tad better.

That said, I figured I'd stay home the next day. That gave us a chance to play in the snow while it lasted...for a little while, at least...I mean, it's cold! We played fetch with Frankie, of course. Parker ate snow. And we made a tiny snow bear. (Anything bigger would have taken too long with Parker's hunger for snowmen. Plus, did I mention it was cold!)

Snow DayAll SmilesLittle Snow BearAbominable Cannibal Strikes Again

No comments:

Post a Comment