Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dream Job or Nightmare

Well, usually I let Thommy write about this stuff but since he's been lagging on the blog front I guess I should note this milestone. We had an opportunity to make a major pitch today. And even though he's not writing about it, I'm sure he's pinching himself to make sure he's not dreaming. It was pretty exciting and if things go forward it would be a dream come true for him as it would be writing for one of his favorite horror franchises. And me? Well, any writing job would be awesome.

But here's my question...are there any superstition connected with seeing a rat prior to an important meeting? It was really weird but sitting outside just before the meeting, a rat came around the corner alongside the building. Then later he cut across the courtyard and startled a bunch of people before darting back across and getting away. I mean, we were in the middle of Beverly Hills. You don't expect to see that kind of thing. But, on the bright side, he didn't look like an evil rat...like the ones in Willard. No, he was more like Ben (who I guess was actually a mouse but you now what I mean). Anyway, it was weird.

On the good omen side of things, the pitch happened to be on the birthday of Thommy's favorite scream queen so maybe that cancels any bad mojo the rat may have brought.

And how did the pitch go? It's hard to tell. I'm a bit unsure, however Thommy was happy with the meeting. I'd just like to ask that you keep your fingers crossed for now...just in case.

4 comments:

  1. Well, upon quick research, I've found a lot about the rat:

    The Egyptians thought it symbolized utter destruction and judgment.

    The Romans thought the rat foreboded good fortune (unless it's gnawing at you - - then that's bad luck).

    Old superstition states that a rat is a symbol of death.

    Most recently, rats are a sign of fear. Which, I guess is a good thing, since you were meeting about a horror film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am way behind in my blog writing and reading, but here I am (and I even posted in my blog recently). The pitch Cat talks of did go well...but the company just isn't sure what they want to do...but they liked us, which is more than you can really hope for.

    Another door open! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: the meeting Cat writes about was at New Line Cinema. Seeing as how the rat can pose nothing but evil and destruction...and New Line has since gone kaput...should they -- and I am simply asking the question -- blame you, Cat?

    Seriously, no more rats before meetings, okay?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it wasn't my rat. That rat is all theirs.

    ReplyDelete