Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Explosive Opportunity


Another classic clip from The Daily Show. You've got to love the quote, "You can't get hummus with out mashing some chickpeas!" Not to mention the 9/11 analogy -- tough day, great opportunity.

On another note, from the during the Condi press confrence where the clip in this clip was taken, she mentions how the Chinese character for "crisis" is made up of two other characters..."danger" and "opportunity". For a while it bugged me because I had just read that somewhere...it's not from "Any Bitter Thing." Could it have been from "Citizen Vince". Damn! I just returned that book to the library. After another day or two, though, it occured to me...it was in the Al Gore book, "An Inconvenient Truth." Now I'm sure many people have probably used the crisis/danger/opportunity bit -- sounds like something professors like to expound on to their students or phd candidates like to metnion in their doctorial thesis -- but I can't help wonder if Condi saw the Al Gore movie (or read the book like me) and picked it up from there especially since Bushies tend to avoid content (i.e. "Brokeback Mountain") that might show them another (convincing) side of an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment