Sunday, April 10, 2005

One Month

And what have I learned? 1)There’s nothing like a happy baby. 2)Even better, there’s nothing like a sleeping baby. 3)Never assume a quiet baby in a crib is asleep. 4)Babies at Parker’s age are nearsighted.

With this knowledge in mind, I can never just cross the crib without first checking if Parker’s actually asleep. If I were to cross the crib even though he’s contently (not crying) awake, he would be set off, insisting on immediate attention. Consequently, any plans I had of writing, housework (pshaw! Yeah right.), feeding the cat, excercising the dog, etc. are now derailed. That said, I must now confess that in order to get past the baby I must make the most of his poor eyesight and limited mobility by…yes…getting down on all fours and crawling past his crib below his range of detection.

Talk about an awful mother but I figure I might as well take advantage of the situation while I still can. Soon enough, my army belly crawl will not evade detection and I’ll have to think of some other sneaky way to find a little time for myself.

2 comments:

  1. You're not an awful mother until you start dressing in camouflage to blend in with your surroundings. THEN - I might suggest therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image of you crawling past his crib (accompanied by stealthy music, of course) just might be the most hysterical thing I've heard.

    ReplyDelete