Monday, February 25, 2008

One of the Few

Yes, the Trillos were one of the few people who watched last night's Oscar telecast, which, surprisingly only ran 15 minutes overtime...go figure! Of course we love any opportunity to head over to Acton Cinema 1 (the big screen at Thommy & Geoffrey's) and snack on pizza and wings.

I loved Jon Stewart as host (but then I am a Daily Show junkie) so I just thought I'd share a few of my favorite quips:

  • ''There are three pregnant ladies with us tonight. Jessica Alba. Cate Blanchett. Nicole Kidman. And the baby goes to.... Angelina Jolie. I'm stunned. Angelina couldn't be with us tonight, it's tough to get 17 babysitters on Oscar night.''
  • ''Diablo Cody used to be an exotic dancer and now she's an Oscar nominated screenwriter. I hope you're enjoying the paycut.''
  • ''Even Norbit got a nomination, which I think is great. Too often, the academy ignores movies that aren't good.''
  • ''Democrats do have an historic race going. Hillary Clinton vs Barack Obama. Normally, when you see a black man or a woman president an asteroid is about to hit the Statue of Liberty. How will we know it's the future? Silver unitards, that can't be all?''

No comments:

Post a Comment