Sunday, June 17, 2007

Yuck

Yuck
Yuck,
originally uploaded by Car2nGrl.
With the implant removed, the aliens will have to come up with another way to control this human.

Actually, a few months ago this lump sprouted on the back of my neck. Well, actually, the lump has a been a tiny cyst that's been there for years...minding it's own business. No big whoop. Then it decides to grow and, I don't know, make a bigger presence on my neck and, well, it just had to go.

I've never had surgery before, let alone be given anesthesia. What a weird experience. I remember them carting me into the operating room, climbing on to the table, getting comfortable -- which was a bit hard because I had to lie on the table face down -- then I remember waking up and wondering...should I be awake now? Seriously, it was a weird loss of time. I was expecting them to do what they do in the movies...count backward from 100, etc. Nope. Nothing. Just waking up.

And, you ask, was I suppose to be awake yet? Well, I sputtered out the question to which they responded...she's talking. Not the answer I wanted so I repeated the question with a little more strength. Should I be awake now? To which, I got the answer I wanted to hear...yes, the operation's over.

Okay, now the second question...should my arm be hurting like this? Yeah, for just having someone cut into my neck, my arm was hurting like hell. Hmmmm....should I be worried about that? Well, apparently, the IV slipped and instead of depositing whatever's in that bag into my veins the went into my muscle. Painful.

Luckily, 30 minutes and a warm compress helped resolve that situation. And while I was waiting I got to get a look at the diamond chunk of skin (which was connected to the cyst) that was removed from my neck. I looked like a piece of fatty steak in jar. Too bad Chris wasn't there. He would have really wanted to see that.

Well, now I'm left with the stitches -- cyst free -- with, soon, only a crease on the back of my neck to remind me of my lumpy pal who had been a part of me for so many years but unfortunately had to be offed when he made a play for more territory.

On a side note, the operation wasn't the last I heard of that cyst. They did tests on it. In the end, it was not malignant nor was it an implant. Just a nuisance.

No comments:

Post a Comment