Sunday, March 25, 2007

Maraka


Okay, if you didn't see this on SNL, here's your chance. What a great take on the Dora cartoons!

Dora isn't one of Parker's Tivo selections but we watch it on occasion. That's kind how we got him to say "Aw Man!"

In a classic (my) mommism...My mom commented (in amazement)how everytime Dora and Boots foil Swiper he says, "Aw Man!". We're watching Dora, they start saying "Swiper, no swiping! Swiper, no swiping!" And then my mom, in full anticipation, is like "wait for it..." just before Swiper declares, "Aw Man!", which totally filled my mom with glee. I guess it's amazing how he does that consistantly everytime they say "Swiper, no swiping!" (Seriously, as if it weren't script that way.) If only everything were that easy. Parker, no puking (in the car)! Doggie, no pooping! Policeman, no ticket! (Yes, I recently got a speeding ticket.) :o(

Anyway, so we just kept saying over "Swiper, no swiping!" and "Aw man!" and, well, I guess the "Aw man!" (which Parker actually pronounces "Aw mam!") stuck in the little guys head. Now when ever something disappointed happens, he says "Aw mam!" It's absolutely adorable. :o) I feel I need to train him to say other things. I've been working on getting to say "Hurrah!" when I say "Hip! Hip!" But I know there are other choice catch phrases for him. Maybe a White House talking point like "blame game" or "sectarian violence." (Am I the only person who visualizes Carol Burnett from a Conway/Tudball sketch throwing a nail file?) What phrases do you suggest?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, man; sorry I'm so late reading this post! I think you should definitely teach Parker to say, "Stay the course!" That fits every situation and is always good advice.

    ReplyDelete