Thursday, March 09, 2006

Parker: Year One


Here's Parker with a birthday card (from Uncle Al and Aunt Jean) and a birthday gift (from his pals Annabelle and Jack) that he received from members of the Massachusetts contingent. Yes, Parker turns ONE today! We're going to be doing a small family get-together on Saturday, which will probably be rained out. (I hear there's an 80% chance for rain and snow levels could reach 3000ft -- We live at 3500ft.) Well, keep your fingers crossed that the weather treats us kindly.

As for the first year in review for Parker, here are a few items of note:
- Remember when he would do those signature backbends? Well, now that he's crawling and **gasp** almost walking, he's given up on the move. I know. I know. "Oh mom! That's so three month's ago!" But I miss it nonetheless.
- Slowly we're transitioning to big people food and the sippy cup, which will mean Parker will have to end his current "signature move" -- when he's done with his bottle he likes to dramatically throw it to the ground. If he could, I'm sure he would holler "DONE!"
- Parker's still big on laughing and he finds the oddest things funny -- the dog shaking his head (it could be the funny sound that's created by his gums flapping back and forth), a fellow day care buddy banging on something, or someone going "Boo!"
- Fetch. (Need I say more?)

That's all that come to mind right now (as I type away a work). Feel free to comment with your own personal Parker moments.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy birthday little man! I have to say besides the fact that he still looks like Curious George, I'm a big fan of Parker's joy of telling us all that we're number "1". It's really endearing. Well, that and the fact that he's still a GENIUS baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought about orchestrating a picture of him holding up one finger but knew he would only be able to muster his other signature move -- flipping people off. Not intentionally, of course. But unavoidable, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say for sure that it was his first set of steps, but he sure can get up the ones in our house petty fast! I think he's just so interested in the incredible movies that Mommy and Thommy write, he HAD to se what we were up to in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad to see that Maisy made the journey across the country...
    Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete